At the Goffstown Public Library, it is our mission to provide quality educational, literary, and community programming to the children and families of Goffstown.
- Discover e-books, e-audiobooks, magazines, movies, and more in the catalog and at the Digital Books Website.
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten
- Preschool Story Times (see Story Time Guidelines)
- Summer Experience
- Take and Make Projects
- Workshops Classes Events After-School Activities
and in the Children's Room …
- Friendly Staff
- Books Audiobooks
- Video Games
E-Library Homework Help
- Find information in our E-Library with more precision and control than browsing the internet. With your Goffstown Public Library card, you can access information specifically geared towards a younger audience.
- Novelist K-8 is a reader's advisory database where kids can enter authors, titles, series, or subjects of fictional works that they have enjoyed, and view a list of similar works based on their entries.
- Reinforce, or supplement language learning with Mango Languages offering 70+ languages including ESL.
- Watch streaming movies or download the latest e-books
- See all the E-Library has to offer.
STEAM = Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics
In addition to in-person and virtual STEAM programming throughout the year, you'll find lots of STEAM reads and activities in the e-library:
- Libby by OverDrive offers STEM e-books and e-audiobooks
- Browse e-books in the Kids Nonfiction category in Cloud Library
- Hoopla has STEAM e-books
- In the Libby app, explore magazines like National Geographic Kids, Animal Tales, Highlights, and Highlights High Five.
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
he single most important thing you can do to prepare your children to read is to read to them every day. Research proves that children need to hear 1000 books before they begin to learn to read independently. Reading to children will:
- Increase their vocabulary,
- Increase their listening and narrative skills,
- Help to instill in them self-awareness and confidence,
- Impart an understanding of their place in the world.
- How Can I Read 1000 Books? It's Easy!
- One book a day for three years = 1000
- Three books a day for one year = 1000
- Ten books a week for two years = 1000
- What Counts? Everything! Every book you read counts every time you read it. Books your child hears at Story Time count. Books that others read to your child count. It all counts!
- Where Can I Sign up? When the Library is closed, you can sign up. When we're open, please sign up in the Children's Room. We'll give you log sheets to help you keep count of the books you read with your child, along with rewards and incentives during your journey - including a 1000 Books Before Kindergarten tote bag after you have read your first 100 books! Printable log sheets are below.
- When: Register anytime from your child's birth up through entering kindergarten.
It's one of the best gifts you will ever give your child … and yourself!
- Download and Print:
1000 Books Before Kindergarten album on Flickr.
List of books for children about the COVID-19 virus and the pandemic, with most free and available online.
From book talks and craft projects to cooking adventures-find them on our YouTube channel.