History of GFD

Theron Morgrage Fire Chief 1948 - 1975

Theron Morgrage Fire Chief 1948-1975

1827

The History of the Goffstown Fire Department Can Be Dated as Far Back as 1827. When the Senate and the House of Representatives Convened and Enacted That There Would Be the Amoskeag Hose Company in Goffstown. The Amoskeag Hose Company Was Tasked with Providing Fire Protection in Goffstown with a Budget of One Thousand Dollars.

1885

On May 12, 1885, a Special Town Meeting Was Held, and a Vote Was Taken to Raise Five Hundred Dollars for the Purchase of Fire Apparatus. This Vote Also Stated That a Fire Precinct Would Be Formed in the West Village, and the Selectmen Immediately formed the "Goffstown Village Fire Precinct".

1891

The Goffstown Fire Precinct Was Tasked with the Construction of a Waterworks Hydrant System. A Dam Was Built Measuring 272 &Frac12; Feet Long and 27 &Frac12; Feet High, 26,574 Feet of Pipe Was Laid and 40 Hydrants Were Set, for Forty Two Thousand Dollars.

1897

The Goffstown Village Fire Precinct Began Lighting the Streets of Goffstown with Electricity.

1908

The First Fire-Alarm System Was Installed in the Village Which Proved Very Beneficial.

1908